Tuesday 27 June 2023

EXT: Seedy City Backstreet


 What better way to celebrate the shiny new models released on Leviathan day than to paint a near-endless series of identical streetlights?


I stumbled over this bag of bits while I was looking for something else, and my OCD kicked in immediately. How could I claim to have finished my urban ruins when all the tiny wall plugs were lying unpainted? What kind of monster had I become?


Clearly the kind with a fairly bad completionist complex, because I set to straight away, gluing them all to lengths of sprue so I wouldn't have to faff about holding them all individually. After a quick spray, it didn't actually take long at all - a single afternoon session with fast and sloppy brushwork, and all these bits look perfectly passable. 


We got ammo!

We got drugs!
We got biochemical hazards!

The pink ones were prepainted by one of my daughters, who made me promise not to paint over them.


The sad thing is, it's rather a wasted effort (even for painting miniature standards). Although the extra trim is lovely, the holes these things go in are rather a tight fit. Those spindly thin lamp support snap off very easily if you try and pry them out again, I've already found, and they're more use if you're actually going to glue the ruins together permanently, which I don't really want to do. 




The cameras and loudspeakers are a bit more robust, and the gun turrets even more so, so they'll see use sooner or later. So I regret nothing! Plus I could always use them in future terrain projects or conversion work. Anyway, my blood pressure has settled back to normal now, so it was worth getting it all done just for that. 

Job's a good'un, Sir!

4 comments:

  1. 40 lights that you can't use! You sir, are a nutter, and I applaud you for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a backstreet back, they're alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are bananas! They do look great though.

    ReplyDelete