Thursday 20 April 2023

EXT: Dank Wood


Still grinding out that terrain!

Amid the mossy swamps and bogs, you might come across a nice collection of mouldering trees like these fellows. 

Because we're tree to do what we want
Any old time


Born Tree

Tree coins in the Fountain

Treemen in a boat

Gordon Treeman

Tree and Biscuits?

Take the branch line.

Can't come up with any more tree puns. I'm stumped.

This is all from the Dungeons and Lasers Encounters set, the Swamps of Doom box. Great stuff. The dangling moss is made from PVA glue, green paint and the same hairy material I used for my scratch-built bogs from last year. I was going to put extra vegetation here and there on the bases, but couldn't find the moss I wanted to use - it turned up later, and I might have a go at fleshing one of the trees out at some point. 

Something like this, but not as similar to Trump's haircut.

As well as the trees, I got some of the fishy scatter and the walkways done:

This won't float your boat.

Net value: zero.

It's completely trustworthy as long as you don't stand on it.

The little shells and starfish are a lovely touch, although I'm not sure what sorts of starfish live in bogs...

Here it is in action from a recent BatRep:

The rest of the box is on the way!

4 comments:

  1. It feels like you only bought those because of all the punning opportunities! They look great and I love the moody pic from our latest game

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here for the tree puns, and now I can't leaf.

    ReplyDelete