Friday 14 April 2023

EXT: Great Gate


 Just a quick DnL piece to cap the week!


This is the Dwarven Mine Entrance, would you believe. Looks great - the only criticism I have of it is that it's crying out to be part of a larger rock wall or building or diorama and now I've got that thought in my head I'll eventually have to make one dammit. 

Pictures out on the balcony today, it was nice and sunny

Could have gone a bit finer with my brushwork for the marble, I reckon, I wasn't wearing my glasses while I was painting it. Mostly because I've only just recently got glasses and I'm not used to wearing them yet - it's alarming (to me) how bad my eyesight had become without my noticing it. I'd swear some of my painting from about four or five years ago is actually better and sharper than what I churn out now. Hopefully I can reverse that trend!


Working through some swampy stuff now, should be ready next week sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definitely looks like it should be part of a Petra-style rock wall. It does look cool though, I love the multi-coloured marbling effect

    ReplyDelete