Monday 10 April 2023

EXT: Amorican Village


 The slow trek towards 100% completion continues - this time, I'm out in the wilds, courtesy of Dungeons and Lasers!


Once I'd finished the concrete city ruins, I obviously had to stock up again on the excellent stuff from Archon. D&L Encounters was the kickstarter, outdoorsy DnD terrain, and it's tremendous stuff. There is a hell of a lot of it, too, so I'm comfortably well off for scenery. 




I got stuck in to some of the village pieces. Two rustic hovels, a little watchtower (base colours done by my youngest, who I think may also be laying claim to the model itself), a winch and a ruined statue up in the top picture. 

Lots of careful grey and gold, then even more careful hexwraith flame paint, highlighted with light grey and white

Gloss varnish on the crystals, which had to be masked with tape while the rest got sprayed - not worth risking them getting a haze

And as you can see, the light shines through them nicely

Two ruined statues, if you count this one. I couldn't help having a go at the transparent stuff. Like the sci-fi shields before, it's a bit daunting to do, basically like doing one massive GW flyer canopy. Well worth the effort, though I do wish I was technically gifted and able to put small lights inside it, it lights up a treat. 


Expect more from this lot presently!

7 comments:

  1. The transparent crystals look great here, and I imagine they're even better in reality: good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta! Looking forward to the next ones, which are even more elaborate and daunting - stained glass windows...

      Delete
  2. Very cool! Been working through some of the Encounters terrain as well and it's been a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's cracking kit! Thinking about going back and putting some snow effects on to match my terrain collection, but I'm on the fence about it.

      Delete
    2. I think that would make it pop even more!

      Delete
    3. Sold - I'll stick some on the horse's head piece for sure, I think. But the rest will stay without so I can use it on non-snowy boards too!

      Delete