Monday 2 January 2023

Own Goliath


 Back of the net!


A nice peaceful evening of painting, and I've put the Goliath Rockgrinder behind me. Here it is from various angles - not much to say, it's a good kit! Lots of nice details, like the control panel for the gun, the stowage on the back and the demo charge stash on the side. 


I did consider magnetising it to double as the standard Truck, but the back deck would have given me conniptions. Plus the wheels go in at a different height, supposedly. Not a detail you'd really need to bother with, but as I was looking for an excuse not to bother, that did nicely! I'll happily field it as either variant, they're pretty similar really.


That dozer blade, though. Sheesh. What's it for? Okay, it looks cool with all the random saw bits, and I'm clearly overthinking this because it's a 40K sci-fi nonsense thing. But how does it work when it's down t' pit? The blades at the front could trim a lawn or shatter rubble, maybe, then push loose stone to the side saws for further crushing. The random little ones further up? What do they achieve? Why don't the side saws go all the way up the blade? Why can't it drill a hole big enough for itself?


I dunno. It'd certainly take your leg off if it drove past you at a clip, and that's clearly what we're after here. My only concession to conversion, as with the cultists the other day, has been to swap the gun tip for a crystal. 


On the field, this is going to have some kind of nasty melee squad inside, and is going to bomb straight for the enemy as fast as it can, hopefully drawing plenty of fire to let all the squishy cult dudes achieve things elsewhere. It's got as good a chance of getting somewhere as a Rhino has, I reckon, and will drive over more than toes if it does. 

Next? Alpha Legion!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks fantastic! There's something a bit Orky about it, which adds bonus points from my perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The angles are maybe a bit clean, but I see what you mean - it does look cobbled together! Mind you, when you have enough Orks, everything starts looking Orky.

      Delete
  2. Ooh lovely! I really like the metal work you’ve done on this vehicle.

    ReplyDelete