Tuesday 19 April 2022

Neversor Never Again


You only live twice, as the ancient Haiku has it. Once when you are born, and once when a frenzon-enraged psychotic tears your head off and then explodes on you. 

Yes, the last piece for the commission work is an Eversor Assassin, loudest of the Imperium's silent killers. Kas had picked one up in his latest shopping spree, and I was only too glad to paint one a second time (you can see my first stab here). 

Funny thing with assassins - you can tell a model is a good one if it looks good in pretty much any colour scheme, I reckon. Despite black being the go-to for these guys, they really look great regardless of what you go for. That said, I stuck with black here, with a bloody head look for extra scare points. 

Then I painted another one.


This one's for me, and I didn't fancy painting the scenic base again so I converted him to be jumping off some jungle ruins instead. Jungle camo to match, and I'm going to claim he's a bit blurry and blobby because you can't see him properly, not just because my wrists can't cope with highlighting DP at that scale. 


That means I've now got one of each! So I can unleash a full Execution Force on some hapless foe in the future. Not sure it's worth the CP cost, exactly, but it's not bonkers expensive for some pretty mean battlefield presence. On paper, anyway, Assassins never seem to earn their points back for me, although that may be because I can get a Vindicare to miss three rounds out of every four. 



1 comment:

  1. Double vision! Very nice Kraken! It struck me when looking at the pics that this fella could pass for an overmuscled Necron perhaps...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete