Tuesday 6 April 2021

EXT: Pipeline

 


That's the last (more or less) of the Dark Uprising scenery! 



I left the pipes for last because I actually quite enjoy doing them. Large enough to be simple and quick, enough detail on a scale that I can cope with to look good. Okay, sure, they're a little monotonous. But they're very 40K. It just wouldn't feel like a full collection without a goodly length of pipe. 



These match my existing Haemotrope reactor stuff, and should couple into them pretty well. I left the feet off so I can mix and match, and there's a nice selection of corners and ends to have plenty of different layouts. 


Funny thing with these - they come with Dark Uprising, and the long pipes are the right length to match two upright columns if you want to do vertical stuff with them. But they don't match the horizontal walls, they're much longer. There's a double one in the L-shaped mortalis tile I did a while back, and I had to trim it savagely to get it to fit. Conversely, the single length ones are too short. It's a shame, that, especially given that you get lots of connectors to have pipes coming out of the walls. 


The chopped up ends of the pipe I savaged were stuck on to bits of Tectonic Fragdrill to make the narrow section, so at least it wasn't wasted. 






Barricades, steps, a lift system and some odds and ends of the Archon stuff, and that (bar shouting) is it! There's still quite a few loose bits and pieces, mind, enough that I have one more tile in mind, but that's a scratch-build and doesn't count. Just the Palanites left to do, now, and then it'll be time to make a big, elaborate layout for showing off with. Maybe even a game...

A little sample pipework - each foot acts as a clip to hold two bits together

A painted box is a happy box!


1 comment:

  1. Well done, that's a big old pile of lovely scenery there!

    ReplyDelete