Tuesday 13 April 2021

Alphantom Menace


Too many spare parts!

Time for a conversion blitz. The mood took me, at any rate, and I found I had enough odds and ends to make a whole Chaos Space Marine. Slashy mutant with extra arms, I decided, on the grounds of having lots of extra arms.


Except the legs. I had legs, they were just the wrong scale. No amount of greenstuffing was going to stop him looking like an 80s lead Squat (no bad thing in the right place, of course). I was short of ideas until I got this image from General Rapid:


And thus the new plan was born, this flamenco-based Alpha Legion character.




Most of his lower torso is hacked off bits of Nighthaunt spooks. The cloak is obviously from the Dark Vengeance box, his chest plate is a spare terminator part, the guns and claws are from Raptors and his head is an Eliminator. Backpack pole from the old Chaos Marine kit, I think, and anything else is milliput. Apart from the stick, that's a stick. 


It's not perfect (it never is) - he's a bit fat-looking, the cloak round his waist doesn't quite flow as smoothly into the cloak on his back as it ought to. But it's not bad by my standards, and I'm quite pleased with the nearly-invisible wire holding him up, that worked well.


He'll be playing as a Lord with the Mindveil relic, until that disappears. Alpha Legion are great, their strats are very fun as are their relics and traits, but I have a strong fear they'll be lost to play once the Chaos Codex emerges. Ah well - this guy isn't even carrying legit equipment, but he does look quite cool! I'm sure I'll find a place for him somewhere. 



4 comments:

  1. Nice work. I love a bitz box project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I have another one planned for the Legion in due course...

      Delete
  2. It does look great, doesn't look like you ran out of options for legs at all!

    ReplyDelete