Wednesday 12 February 2020

Primantis Marines


More bugmen? Why not!



More impulse buys from Conquest. Thank god it finished its run, I don't think I could cope with Stylus waving any more temptingly cheap deals at me.

Mantis Warriors in the fluff are an unforgiven bunch of outcasts. Or, well, semi-forgiven, I suppose - after that whole unpleasantness of backing Team Wrong in the Badab War, they were brought back into the Imperial fold after a couple of concessions.


Firstly, they had to give up their home world and recruitment rights to the Space Sharks (who are called the Carcharodons in these days of GW ip protection), so no new marines for them. Then they had to go on crusade against a hive fleet, very much with an unsaid 'and don't come back' in the small print.


But they did come back! And there they were in the latest Marine codex, sporting Primaris armour. So I thought I'd like to have some after all.


The plan for these is to have them with the heavy sniper bolters, as my army is rather lacking in big guns so far. Having some decent options against heavy infantry or light vehicles, or even exposed characters if I don't mind blowing a lot of CPs, struck me as fun. Let's be honest, though, these could easily be any other kind of bolter for Intercessors, I'm sure most people won't pick nits.


In case they do, though, I did glue on a couple of extra scopes for the guns lacking them. These are easy build ones, I don't know why they have a mix of bolters (and personally I'd like it if Intercessors could mix and match within a squad, although I concede that would be painful to remember on the table), but it was easy enough to fix.


And great to paint some Primaris that aren't black after all this time! They really are great models, big and imposing as the poster boys for the game should be. They will probably being seeing action later this week too, Stylus is commanding them in their first game. I'm sure that the fresh lick of paint will do them no harm...

"Dad! Look what I found!"

4 comments:

  1. Very nice: you're getting quite a handy army there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to get them a little more heavy firepower before I call them done, but they can certainly fill a decent detachment as they are!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea their narrative was being sent in a suicide mission against Tyranids.

    This does not bode well for me.

    ReplyDelete