Tuesday 18 February 2020

Temple Guard


Here we go, the ersatz Raveners from yesterday's report!




These splendid creations came as a bonus with the Rampart temple scenery. By George, they are crackers! I am particularly taken with the moulded bases, which add a lot to the model with no additional effort on my part.


They are some species of space-faring reptile, armed with the dealer's choice of flint-tipped power mace and energy shield or gigantic alien rail-rifle. And they have grenades! And the chief has a feathery mask! Lovely stuff.


Rampart are making their own wargame to go with their terrain (sensible idea, that), and these lizards are one of the factions. There will be a human Guard equivalent, from what I've seen, and a very nice looking set of space vampires, some more freebies from which I am currently working on. The models are great, although the instruction manual maybe needs a little work - veteran that I am, I still found it more confusing than useful, and resorting to the tried and tested method of botching it together on my own initiative.


It's not terribly Tyrannic to actually use weapons when you can evolve them. The original plan was to convert these with spare parts, so that they had the appropriate scything talons and deathspitters to be Raveners. Stylus rightly pointed out that the models were nice enough that making them as they are was less work and gave the option of them being other beings as well, which is very sensible. Plus I got to paint them as is, which was a joy.


The Space Vamps are under way, as I said, and will probably be done before the week is out! Then it's back to zombies.


3 comments: