Thursday 31 October 2019

I Spyrer, With My Little Eyrer

One last nugget from Weekend at Burnie's 2...

Necromunda Spyrers - Yeld, Malcadon, Orrus and Jakara

Check out these pewter pretties!

As seen from the battle reports, there was a tendency for rogue elements to appear from nowhere. The more unusual the better - which is how the Gallowsmen came about - and these four relics of the past were also donated by one of the organisers.

They were mostly unpainted, which meant some chump got the task of bringing them up to tabletop standard. And since I've been ogling these figures since the late-90s, I was determined to be that chump!

Necromunda Spyrer - Yeld

The Yeld was always my favourite - I tried out some Nazdreg Yellow on his body armour, and Aethermathic Blue, with Ulthuan Grey highlights, for the wings.

Necromunda Spyrer - Malcadon

The Malcadon already had a basecoat, so this just needed drybrushing up, and details like the claws to be picked out (and bloodied!)

Necromunda Spyrers - Orrus

Full credit to the previous owner for the Orrus - there was nothing to add to this model except rusting-up his base (which they all got).

Necromunda Spyrers - Jakara
Apparently this is a Striking Scorpion Exarch conversion.
The original owner did a great job - I never even realised while painting it!

And finally, the Jakara got a coat of Leviadon Blue, which really brought out his armour. Some Terradon Turquoise for his weapons, and that old reliable, Gulliman Blue glaze for his power sworn.

Nice little trip down memory lane with that lot - shame I had to give them away at the end!

6 comments:

  1. You can't beat old lead! I'm still holding out for plastic updates of these, you never know your luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I remember playing against these guys back in the day; they were great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on some old school cool, I have a set of these untouched from back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've got some old lead gangs that could use some attention too.

      Delete
  4. Very cool, especially that Jakara Conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - and when it's metal, not plastic, it takes some commitment to convert!

      Delete