Monday 26 November 2018

Mr Tumnus Will See You Now

"I'm crying because I'm such a bad Faun."

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.
"It's no good now, you know," said the Faun,
shaking its head at her very sorrowfully.

"I don't think you're a bad Faun at all," said Lucy. "I think you are a very good Faun. You are the nicest Faun I've ever met."


Chaos Cultists! You need about a million of them, but there are only five monopose models available. Time to stretch the imagination then.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.

I like the idea of beastmen-as-cultists (even before the Blackstone Fortress beat me to it) and Ungor make perfect candidates for weedy bolter-fodder.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.

With access with sprues from the Cadian Guardsman, Genestealer Neophyte Cultists, and the original Chaos Cultists, the conversions were simple enough. Mostly weapon swaps, with grenades and pouches liberally applied (I left the Imperial Aquila on the kit - it's clear that looting is this crew's main source of resupply).

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.

Half of them were given autoguns (or equivalent) and the other half given pistols and close-combat weapons - they can operate as a mixed unit, although I might scatter them in among human cultists, just to really give a real polyspecies feel. The Aaron Dembski-Bowden novels about the Black Legion painted a great picture of the tumult that goes on below decks of the Traitor Astartes ships.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.

Being just cannon fodder, I kept the paint scheme quick and easy:
  • Skin: Bugman's Glow base, Tyrant Skull drybrush, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Fur: Skragg Brown or Mounfang Brown or Dryad Bark base, Tyrant Skull drybrush, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Leather straps: VX-88 or Balor Brown base
  • Weapons: Leadbelcher base, Death World Forest base, Nuln Oil wash


Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.

I quite like how these turned out, and since they're multi-part, it's tempting to get some more. But since they costs as much as full-size Gor (how does that compute?), I may have to content myself with this lot for now.

They've promised to fight like true Black Legionaries.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ungor as Chaos Cultists conversions.
Fauns will say anything, you know

8 comments:

  1. Love them! In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There is Only The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was once a boy named Horus Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it.

      Delete
    2. "Do not cite the Ravening Hordes index to me, Witch. I was there when it was photocopied."

      Delete
  2. Great idea on the Beastmen Cultists! They are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If Blackstone Fortress is any guide, there will be proper Chaos Beastmen coming back to 40k, so I'll have to give chainswords to my Gors as well.

      Delete
  3. Excellent stuff! I'll have to add some of these into my horde as well at some point.

    Chaos Marauders are the cheapest GW base Models I'm aware of to make Culties from, but depending on budget and theme, Bloodreavers, Catachans, and most of the Necromunda gangs can make fantastic Culties as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they're all good options. And the advantage of chaos is that nothing has to match up!

      Delete