Sunday 29 July 2018

Massive Orkness


Aaaand I'm off, slogging through the mobs of Massive Darkness so I can get to the good stuff before Christmas.




These are (checks Kickstarter Listing) Orc Flayers, lightly armoured beserker types you might encounter in the tunnels. Quite good ringers for Savage Orcs too, I think. Been a while since I painted any Fantasy models, six months or so I think, so it felt kind of strange. I kept checking them to see if I'd missed any ammo packs or glowing LED panels.


The green came out nicely, a nice mossy shade that contrasts well with the goblins I did earlier. My rough plan is to make sure all the lowly minion types have a strong and easy to spot colour scheme to help them stand out on what can often be a very crowded board. Purple and cream for contrasts, and because I was trying to be inventive and avoid all the classic 40K Ork clan schemes. I don't think you see many orcs in purple. Shame, it suits them.

Probably could have done warpaint on that chest, but the loincloth exhausted my patience for freehand.

Because I didn't check the Kickstarter Listing soon enough, I didn't realise I was painting the wrong Bosses for these guys. So this is a pair of Orc Enforcer Bosses, and the actual Flayer Bosses will come next time, when the Enforcer minions are done.

Same again, but with a purple skirt instead. I like the way they're curtseying, very demure.

You can't do a bunch of minions and not do some heroes to kick their asses. Here are some.

Valerie, Bloodmoon Assassin. The model's a good design, but the pose is a bit weird. She's got her feet very close together and is sticking that boob plate waaay out, it's a bit pin-up for my taste. 

Azrael, Noble Warrior. This is a stab at doing jade armour - that's not gloss varnish, it's highlighting. Looks good from some angles only...
...as do his eyes and spear. From this side, he's super derpy, and looks like he's been resting a bit too hard on his weapon.
Moira, Sorceress. And terrible make-up artist.
Ajax, Sorcerer. Lovely model, shame about the slightly comical staff topper. 

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment