Monday 16 July 2018

Ugh! How disgusting. A Space Wolf on the sole of my boot!

"I shall have to find a patch of grass to wipe it on! 

Thousand Sons Sorcerer for Warhammer 40k, converted from 30k Ahriman from the Burning of Prospero.

"Probably get shunned in the officers' Mess; sorry about the pong you fellas, trod in a Space Wolf and couldn't get rid of the WHIFF!"

No disrespect to Space Wolf players (get a real army, ya furries), but it's not often my bases get any more detail than a small rock, so I'm having my fun with it.

This is the 30k Ahriman from the Burning of Prospero set - and it's one of the best monopose plastic kits I've had the pleasure of working on. His distinctive helmet was replaced with something more avian, likewise the headpiece of his heqa staff, but other than that, it was a breeze.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer for Warhammer 40k, converted from 30k Ahriman from the Burning of Prospero.

  • Gold armour: Retributor Armour base, Reikland Flashshade wash, Golden Griffon drybrush
  • Blue armour: Thousand Sons base, Nuln Oil wash, Thousand Sons layer, Ahriman Blue layer
  • 'King Tut' headdress: Blue (as armour) + Yellow (Averland Sunset base, Cassendora Yellow wash, Yriel Yellow layer)
  • Loincloths: Celestra Grey base, Drakenhof Nightshade wash, Ulthuan Grey layer
  • Robes: Ushabdi Bone base, Seraphim Sepia wash, Terminatus Stone drybrush
  • Face: Rakarth Flesh base, Drucii Violet wash, Pallid Wych Flesh layer
  • Eyes: Ulthuan Grey base, Biel-Tan Green wash
  • Gems: Stormhost Silver base, Waystone Green glaze
  • Sorcerer's cloak: Screamer Pink base, Nuln Oil wash, Khorne Red layer + Ushabdi Bone base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Tyrant Skull drybrush

Exactly why I need another psyker in the army is a different question (I've still got two more in the queue). But this represents a Sorcerer, and my own sense of completion needed to have a stepping-stone between the Aspiring Sorcerers who lead the squads and the Exalted Sorcerers who lead the army.

Thousand Sons Sorcerer for Warhammer 40k, converted from 30k Ahriman from the Burning of Prospero.

Actually, I'm not sure if my original allegory holds up: in the 40k universe, the Space Wolves are more like Flashheart (boisterous, violent woof-woofers) and the Thousand Sons are most certainly Blackadder (put-upon smart-alecs).

"Magnus Did Nothing Wrong!"

2 comments:

  1. Do we know any space wolf players? Somehow, even though space Vikings ought to appeal to me, they always seem kind of dull to me. Like they can't quite rise over the resolutely boring nature of marines. And there's nothing worse than a try hard.

    Lovely paint job, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very tempted by the colour scheme: the blue-grey armour with red/black and yellow-black pauldrons looks striking and easy to pull off. Ironically, it's all the qualities unique to the SW - the hirsute heads, the animal pelts, the general wolfy-theme - that put me off. I'd prefer them bland, or not at all.

      Also, we've finally managed to depict a literal 'Woff-Boot'.

      Delete