Tuesday 16 January 2024

Dragon my Heels


 I started this about six months ago. Finally!

Dungeons and Lasers had this, Thos the Young Dragon, as a stretch goal in that kickstarter last year. My youngest claimed it for her own even before time ran out on the funding. Once it turned up, she build it, painted half of it, got bored and turned it over to me (rather like the Giant before it). 


Green, red wings, was the brief. Until I painted the wings red, then it was green, green wings. Once I'd done that, it was green, really pale nearly white green wings. I had a vague intent of doing patterns on the wing membranes (eyes or veins or squiggles of some kind), but I'm sick of painting dragon wings now. Also, I'm sick of green. When the updated Green Knight model inevitably comes out, I'm painting him red. 


Nice scenic base - the chest is a bit bare of detail, I had to paint the wood grain on, but otherwise the gold spilling down the sides and the various gems, sacks and bones scattered about are very nice. 


Been a while since I painted a dragon, too! Good to do something for the Fantasy side, especially with a certain rank-and-flank game coming up. I can probably find a use for it there some day...

5 comments:

  1. That's a great piece of work sir! Lovely sculpt, but you've done some top work on it. How big is it? I can't really get a sense of scale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking dragon, glad it finally made it out of the pile of shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Straight out of the pile and into a desk drawer.

      Delete