Monday 12 December 2022

Kraken Paints

Here's to ten years of squid games! 

A conversion of Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers for Idoneth Deepkin for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

In June of this year, we celebrated the tenth anniversary of this blog.

Of course, due to some miscommunication (on account of me telling him wrong), co-founder Kraken Wakes thought it was last year and gifted me a lovely Blood Bowl Skeleton team (they will see the pitch soon, as soon as I paint up my side!).

And because I can never get focussed on any project, the gift that I, Stylus, had prepared only just made it in time before the end of the year.

That's probably a fair reflection of the work output of the WoffBoot blog.

A conversion of Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers for Idoneth Deepkin for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

But here it is - now safely transported to Sweden - a tabletop Kraken busily painting away. 

What better avatar than an actual kraken, so I used the Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers model from the Idoneth Deepkin range (oh, that's a tempting range) and replaced the elf head with a human one and greenstuff.

A conversion of Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers for Idoneth Deepkin for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

The octopus' tools were replaced with paint cans (although I left him his wicked mould line trimmer), and the tiny space marines were kindly donated by Monkey.

I eschewed any fancy water effect in favour of just painting the texture paint, and enjoyed the surf effect so much, I now want to dream up new excuses to use it.

A conversion of Lotann, Warden of the Soul Ledgers for Idoneth Deepkin for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

Here's to another decade of hobby!

4 comments:

  1. This is an amazing piece of work! Well done both of you on ten years of a great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a thing of beauty and a joy forever!
    (Although I don't actually have a beard right now. Shall send it back for a quick shave?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the obvious solution is to paint a new beard onto yourself

      Delete
  3. What an amazing model. Great work.

    ReplyDelete