Tuesday 13 December 2022

Cult: The Herd


I'm back!


Very busy last month - I had a show on, so no evenings to paint in, which is why I have painted nothing at all since October. Not like me, I know, so I'd better start making up for it. 


Somewhere in the middle of all the business, I had a birthday. This translated into a combat patrol of Genestealer Cults, which pairs nicely with the old Start Collecting set to make quite a decent army. It's heading towards 2000 points now, at which point it will be done and dusted. 


Today's additions are more Acolytes and Neophytes - five of the former, armed with, well, all kinds of arms really. 



The Neophytes are another set of ten shotguns to add to the ones I did earlier in the year, plus a couple of flamers for some close-up roast and toast-up. Great models, dripping in extravagant amounts of detail for grunts that get removed in shovelfuls, but who am I to complain?

A tiny bit of conversion work, just to alleviate the boredom. These guys have some spare Delaque heads, a common and understandable swap to make. Sinister baldness is as sinister baldness does, I guess. 


Finally, there's a gunner who's being painted separately to his gunning platform. That might get done by Christmas, but there's quite a few more troops to get through first. Perhaps even a game, some night...




2 comments:

  1. 2,000 points isn't too shabby for a little side project! I do love the look of these models, very individual but tied together with your green carapace scheme. Is that a heavy webber at the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a heavy rock drill, one of the Hybrid melee specials.

      What's a side project and how does one do one?

      Delete