Wednesday 9 February 2022

Just Ad Mech


 A second instalment of Inquisitor 52!


Delphan Gruss was the original model, the techpriest character from the initial releases. I remember standing in the Liverpool GW, literally paralysed in the attempt to decide on a second model. There had to be two, or I couldn't run a game, right? And in those days, the selection of models to try and run a 28mm game was slim, not just in my collection. 


This guy made the cut in the end, his sinister robes and vicious drill somehow winning me over. So much so that I changed them, swapping the drillbit for a saw taken from an Ork walker, and the head and gun barrel for parts from some of the ancient plastic Warlord Titans I still had in those days. (There's another sale I regret, my collection of first edition Titanicus and Epic stuff, right down to the polystyrene buildings! I could have played the new edition with old models!)


The superglue that held him together hadn't stood the test of time, and he'd been lying in bits for years. Some of his mechadendrites are missing, although I feel sure I saw them in a corner of the cupboard at some recent point. If they show up, I'll stick them back on. 

The old paint job was a murky and monochrome purple and red thing; the update leaves him closer to standard Ad Mech, possibly Mars. He's brighter and cleaner, anyway, and was good fun to paint. No idea what to do with him, though! I am probably overdue for some eBaying, my cupboards are rather choked, and much as I like him, he's probably a candidate for a sale. But we shall see, there's other stuff that can go first!

Here's the pair of them - Tyrus is much bigger, even without his back banner.

And either of them tower over a Primaris marine, even if their bases are pretty much the same size these days!

1 comment:

  1. I think your modifications are a definite improvement on the original: the gun looked pretty underwhelming and, though the drill was good, the saw is better!

    ReplyDelete