Friday 5 November 2021

A Harbinger

 


With Deep Madness banished, I thought I had nothing left to paint. But in the back of the cupboard, something sinister stirred...


Somehow I'd forgotten about this lone Ironward Icon Bearer for Genestealer Cults, a sweetener in a deal with Stylus from about two years ago. I was extremely surprised to discover it lurking, wrapped in tissue paper, underneath various raw terrain materials. But also pleased, because it meant I had something to paint this week!

Genestealer Cults have been on my radar for Necromunda for a while now. One of the few gangs I don't yet have represented in my collection (Ogryn Slaves being the other, as Ambots and all the new shiny House stuff don't quite count), having a set would satisfy the endless hunger in my soul for a bit. Weighing against it is the fact I've already painted quite a few, plus they aren't cheap and their codex hasn't been in a great place for a while. Which is appropriate for Tyranid Associates, I suppose. 


Well, all that could be changing round Christmas! And finishing this dude, who was a joy to paint, has made me eye up the Start Collecting box. The current one is a good deal as it has everything you'd need for a Necromunda gang except maybe a leader, but I expect it will get replaced by some form of Combat Patrol soon. 


Anyway - if I do take that plunge, I already have all the Genestealers I could ever want*. So the cult will be Hive Fleet Afanc worshippers (The A-Fan-Club, perhaps), cosplaying up the colour scheme to the max. Might change the robes to be a different colour for any more, I'm not quite sure that they should match the shell, but he certainly does look like his brood. 


Very nice to paint some 40K again! And more en route...


*Barring twelve more to round it up to sixty, but there is no physical power on Earth that will induce me to paint more of them! This I swear. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to kickstart a new army ;-)

    Does look really cool, and particularly amusing to note that you painted that whilst I managed to paint guns black on ten Necron Warriors on Weds evening. I can't quite understand how I managed to spend two hours doing that (chatting quite a bit I suspect)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fairness, I did the basecoats and shading in the hour or so before I signed into the chat, so its all cheating!

    ReplyDelete