Friday 27 March 2020

Yeaah Ratfans!


Obviously, social distancing is what most of us hobby types practice anyway. But it has still increased my productivity this month.




This is remarkable given that I'm home looking after the kids all day, and time spent with them is great but not usually especially conducive to accurate painting. Somehow, I've chewed through another thirty Zombicide models.


Sticking with the Green Horde, I'm on to the Runners from the expansion. They're goblins this time, nippy little ones, and I've stuck with Red as the spot colour for obvious orky reasons.

Rats! The Musical

Alongside them is a sea of rats.

Rataclysm

Base after base of tiny eyes. My god, that was a lot of eyes. All of them very small. Also ears and noses. And teeth. Glad to have them out the way, basically, is what I am.

A quick hand of Baccarat

Good sculpts, all the same! I like the ones pouring out of the chest the best. They are zombie rats, of course, so there are sword holes and exposed ribs to pick out in the midst of the ratty tide. Amazing how much detail there is in them. I haven't really done them justice, they're just too small for me. At least all the google results for real life swarms of rats kind of tie in with my approach, that you they do tend to be monochrome and you don't really pick out a lot of details.

Never fight anyone wielding a naked mole rat. That's a life rule.

Leading them is this vile character, a variant necromancer who spawns more bases of rats instead of zombies. In the game, rats are very fast and very annoying, it's easy to get swamped by the little pests.

Obviously the heroes need a bit of back up to deal with all this stuff. What better to kill a tide of rats with than... some war engines!

Keep your eye on the ballista

Surrender, Ballistarius!

Ratapult! Not really, it just throws stones.

More expansion gubbins, these need to be manned to move or work, but can handily wipe multiple squares clean of zombies at once, or focus fire to bring something really big down. The really big things to be brought down are at the back of the queue, they really are massive...

Doran, the kind of wizard you don't want to mess with even if he's run out of spells

A pair of heroes, finally - two wizards, one of the practical military sort, the other of the crazy magic-for-blood kind.

Cyrine, designed by John Howe, has a larger base than other heroes. This makes up for having fewer clothes. 

And I can see the light! I'm nearly through all the mobs! Three or four sets to go, depending on how you count them, and then I'm on to the gravy of characters and big boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment