Thursday 19 October 2023

Sweetcorn Vendor

 


Ho ho ho - Green Giant!


Not quite sure when I fell for the Leviathan Dreadnought. The plan I was supposed to be sticking to was to get the Stalker/Hunter tank for the Mantis Warriors, after all - I love the model, although it's no great shakes on the field. Some part of me rebelled, though. What's a Space Marine army with no Dreadnoughts?




Of all of GW's money grubbing schemes, selling this brute in a kit that can't do matching arms has to be the worst. Lovely that you can get the upgrades in plastic, of course. But for how much? A smarter player than I would get some close combat weapons too, so he can waddle up to the foe blasting, then clock someone with a big ham once he's there. 


Smarter player I am not (I still want that Hunter/Stalker), so this chaps a Rifleman. The paired Storm Cannons look the best, I reckon, but they're all good choices. 


He turned out nice. I took a bit of extra time on weathering, and it's paid off. Other than wishing I'd kept his head separate to get at the eyes properly, I really enjoyed building and painting this, it's a cracker. Kyodai Senkan very nearly fit on his chestplate, 'Brother Battleship' roughly in Japanese if I can trust Google Translate. Definitely coming out for a trot next time I have a game!





3 comments:

  1. He look fantastic, the weathering in particular really sets it off. Looking forward to facing him sometime soon hopefully

    ReplyDelete