Thursday 4 May 2023

EXT: Forest Glade


 I'm not stopping until this terrain is all done. 

Treeriffic

This week, I'm out in the Elven Woods. In a first for me, I'm not painting the trees as gloomy, snow-covered or rotten. It's always good to try new paint schemes, but that wasn't my key motivation. That was both Krakenettes telling me firmly to paint them like the box art and not be so depressing. 

Tree's a crowd

Tree is the magic number

Tree Amigos

A Tale of Yew Citrees

Visually pleasant to have some spring-time saplings, at any rate. Three coniferous, three deciduous. The ones with no root stock can be slotted on to the stumps or balanced precariously somewhere to keep them as varied as possible. Which they are a bit, but you can see it's the same trunk with slightly different branches pretty easily (like the swamp trees before them). 

Forrest Stump

I don't want no shrub

A few scatter pieces to go with - two small shrubs, which are almost certainly going to end up on someone's base sooner or later, and a pair of lovely thorn brakes. Painting the thorns purple was a bit of a pain, but just as worth it as the pinecones above. Lovely sculpting, but hell for the painter.

Hills next!

4 comments:

  1. Top work on the caption puns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Now you make me happy that I got the Elven Woods haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done krakenettes - great colour on these here trees!

    ReplyDelete