Monday 20 February 2023

EXT: The Wrong Side of Town

 


Chalk one up for perseverance - I'm out of the concrete jungle!

Last batch of short walls finally done, meaning the box set is more or less complete. Yes, I have wall plugs to do. Come on! Give me a break! I've been painting the same colours for two months now!

Here it is, flat packed and stacked for comparison.

Before the inevitable photo reel, a quick smug footnote. After all my complaining about painting those damn concrete struts from last time, I noticed something. Something on the box art, no less. Can you spot it?

Yep - painting those struts was a step too far for whoever did the vanity shot. They're missing! And the wall plugs are actually from an earlier kickstarter too. Maybe they hadn't printed them in time or something, but my money is on the painter taking one look at them and going down the pub instead.

Right - a run through the many sided walls I just did, and then some action shots of the set assembled. Not the entire set, of course, my coffee table is only so big. But pretty much the whole thing, plus scatter and models as set up by my youngest daughter. 



Here and there, I've actually glued some of the wall plug bits on (loudspeakers, lights or cameras). Mostly for variety, but also because it's a lot easier to paint them when they're stuck in place rather than separate fiddly bits.








I had hoped to paint these to match the tile art, but was too lazy to actually go and check the shades. Luckily, my memory seems to have been fairly accurate!

Overhead map of the setup - just under 2' square











And that's the whole lot zoomed out a bit.

Next, finally, unbelievably - something else!

2 comments:

  1. This looks incredible! And it packs away real small! That is very appealing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top work sir! Can't wait to play an, unfortunately remote, game on it sometime

    ReplyDelete