Tuesday 21 February 2023

A Deep Scythe of Resignation

I've been remiss with updates since the start of the year, but rest assured, the paint train never stops rolling!

Deathshroud Terminator for Death Guard, Warhammer 40k

It just doesn't go very fast.

The Hobbypocalypse has thundered into its third year and, with the restrictions on building a whole army lifted, I'm going to user the opportunity to clear the leadpile and get some variation going.

So I'll be doing a different army every month ... which also sadly means these will be the only Death Guard I paint this year. Tough break, fellas.

Deathshroud Terminator for Death Guard, Warhammer 40k

But if I could only paint a few, I'm glad it was this unit. The Deathshroud Terminators are an awesome set, and seem like a lot of fun on the tabletop (slowly waddling around until they finally get to something they can charge, I expect). 

Deathshroud Terminator for Death Guard, Warhammer 40k

I used the same overbrushing technique as I used for my test unit of plague marines (a mere three years ago), and it's a lot of fun. With the proper motivation, I could easily blast through my entire set of Death Guard - but I'm sure I'll get back to them some time this decade.
  • Armour: Death World Forest overbrush, Nurgling Green overbrush, Zandri Dust drybrush, Althonian Camoshade wash
  • Armour trim: Screaming Bell, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Cloaks: Xerus Purple base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Daemonette Hide layer
  • Weapons: Mourngfang brown, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Metal: Leadbelcher, Agrax Earthshade wash, Typhus Corrosion wash, Reza Rust drybrush
  • Mutated flesh: Screamer Pink, Agrax Earthshade wash, Reikland Flesh highlights
  • Horns: Dryad Bark, Zandri Dust drybrush
  • Buboes: Ulthuan Grey, Lamenter's Yellow glaze
  • Nurgle's Rot effects

Myphtic Blight-Hauler for Death Guard, Warhammer 40k

I also threw a Myphtic Blight-Hauler into the mix. Opinions are divided on this diminutive daemon engine but for me, it was one of the units that sold me on the army: a hellish little wheelie bin - love it!

Deathshroud Terminators and Myphtic Blight-Hauler for Death Guard, Warhammer 40k

And that's my Hobbypocalypse tally satisfied for January. A mere four units is enough to earn me that coveted stamp.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff! That gooey snow makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guard played death guard this week. Those scythes blades are as big as a human. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or twice as big as half a human, which is usually the end result.

      Delete