Friday 19 August 2022

Too Eld to Die

 


Heavy infantry for the Spock Regiment!

Wraithguard are this week's unit. If the space elves did Killa Kans, they'd look like these guys, I guess. These small dreadnoughts are pretty hefty for Eldar, and they're typically elegant and sleek. 


Two options (which I don't think you can combine in a unit these days, sadly, but it doesn't really matter) - either a portable D-Cannon called a Wraithcannon, or the shorter ranged but just as terrifying D-Scythe. Either way, they're going to walk slowly up to you and macerate your innards. 


Or if you really want to get up close and personal (slowly), why not field Wraithblades? The same but with swords. Or axes and shields, if you felt you weren't already tough enough. 


I didn't like the shields much, they looked a bit small and more like over-complicated shirt cuffs. So I stuck a bit of extra plastic on, hoping it gives the impression of shimmering force field (like the Van Saar have). A bit of Pylar Glacier paint on to help keep it visible. You don't want to walk into one by mistake. 


There were two major bits of dithering over the paint jobs here. Should I do all the gems possible, like I did on the Wraithlord? And should they have some freehand faces, weird eyes or Eldar runes? I chose not to do either in the end, although I had originally braced myself for it. Might look a bit too busy, as they do look nicely creepy with their blank surfaces, plus I was very pleased with the white and didn't want to spoil it. And I'm very very lazy, obviously. 


To lead these mobile crematory urns, a Spirit Seer. Basically a Warlock but he has a reroll ones aura for wraith constructs, so quite a handy chap to babysit a bunch of them. Nice model, too, I like his Sandman helmet. 

One last set to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment