Tuesday 27 July 2021

On the Band List

Maul Bludsson, Lead Guitar

 Steel Buttorkfly!

Teef 'Bad' Moon on Drums

This is the excellent five-ork rock band set from Artel W, wot I won in a competition a couple of months ago. Took a bit of extra time on these, because they're really good models and I wanted to do them justice. 

Bodger Slaughters, Bass


Not just great sculpts, by the way - the resin is very crisp and clean, but they also fit together perfectly. Not a mould line or dodgy joint anywhere, one of the best kits I've ever had the joy to assemble. 

Raygun Manzarrax, Keyboards



And just look at them! Cracking orks, every one. Big, muscly, serious, but keeping that sense of humour you look for in a good space ork model. All the little details, from the Cadian stuffed toy on the keyboard player's back to the drummer's choice of sticks. Well worth taking the extra time over them, not a moment of chore to be had. 

Gobhurt Rant, Vocals


Tl;Dr - I really like these models. 


Shame I don't have an Ork army to put them in, really. I did once, a big pack of over one hundred original space orks from the old plastic kit, plus some kitbashed vehicles, lead characters and plenty of plastic grots. But they went on eBay when I moved to Sweden (along with my Black Legion, Imperial Guard and assorted 2nd Edition Space Marines). So I'd be starting from scratch...



5 comments:

  1. These are something special - couldn't have gone to a better winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't think I didn't see that ellipsis when you mentioned an ork army...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, i may have had a battlescribe list worked out some three years ago. Maybe.

      Delete
  3. These look amazing. Have you posted the pictures to Artel W?

    ReplyDelete