Thursday 8 July 2021

On Strike


Commission complete for the Crypt Angels! 


Not that this will be the last of them, I expect, there's always more where they came from! But I've finished this batch of light vehicular reinforcements with this Primaris Land Speeder. 


It's a nice fat vehicle to paint, lots of nice surfaces to take detail or weathering. I like a nice vehicle, too - the level of detail I can manage on infantry looks somehow a lot neater on a bigger model. To my eyes, anyway! The actual infantry here were a devil to paint. Trying to reach into the cockpit to do freehand shoulders didn't do anybody any favours. 


All the weapon options, of course - a magnet for the front gun and peg fits for the turret. The side sponsons and under-wing missiles are glued in place, probably because they're the best-looking options! So this can be a Hailstrike, a Thunderstrike or a Hammerstrike depending on what exactly you need dead. 


This latest batch of stuff comes to just under 1000 points, all told. With a bit of twiddling, that's enough for an army! So there's a fight brewing in the near future. In the meantime I can relax, safe that my lifetime tally of Space Marines painted is now just over the half-chapter mark. Time for something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment