Friday 13 November 2020

Salt 'n' Ceppr


After a short delay, Indomitus has reached my painting tray!


Fifteen Assault Intercessors (assaulticessors? The full name feels a bit much, but 'Look at my newly painted Assors' feels open to misinterpretation) for Kafunatu's Crypt Angels. A few tweaks here and there so the poses are all different, then some weapon swaps for the sergeants to take advantage of their options.


Looking at them and contemplating the black highlight stage to come, something inside me died. Rather than my usual steps, I went out and got some Black Templar contrast paint, and a can of Grey Seer to go with. 


Decent stuff, that, although it saved me no time! Contrast paint has left me cold so far, and I stand mildly corrected. It still needed Skavenblight dinge layers and Longbeard Grey drybrushing, but the rich black finish allowed me to skip my usual shade wash. It also feels lovely to the touch when dry, I was impressed by that! Smooth and silky, nice.


The weapon options were very simple, just straight cut and paste jobs. The power fist was spare from some forthcoming Tartaros Terminators, a box with six sets of double power fists and thus plenty of spare bits. Perfect scale for primaris dudes, although possibly not the most cost-effective way of doing it. There's also a guy with no helmet with standard gear about, just in case you're short on points for upgrades.


Two squads of standard guys, then one with Veteran shoulder markings courtesy of the Ultramarines transfers, so there's the option to field them as the elite version. Job's a good 'un! So on to the next lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment