Sunday 3 May 2020

The Fat Blokes Have Sung



Yes! The mobs are done for Zombicide! I can see the light!






The last of the Orks are these Ork Fatties, the bigger and harder to kill ones. They've got a cool toga thing going, like a bunch of rotten senators.


Mind you, if anyone ate two brutes, it's these even bigger and fatter orks, the Fatty Bursters.


The gimmick on these ones, as the name suggests, is that they explode if they reach you. Obviously this is not good, but I think you can also pop them and kill the other zombies in their square if you're a good shot. I realised a bit late that they aren't actually orks (they have hair!) but they work perfectly well in nauseous greens, so that's okay!


D'you know, I have enjoyed painting all this lot, despite moaning about it all the time! For all that, I am extremely glad to have broken the back of this project. Looking into the box was, for the first time, less depressing as I could actually see progress at last.


Before that, though, I can't leave a batch without a hero or two. Above you see the leader of the Ork zombies, a creature surely known as an Orkromancer. And below is one of their TV spin-off heroes. I didn't think that the idea of making a bunch of pop culture figures would catch on, but stranger things have happened.


 I'll be getting back to the rest of the characters and big monsters over the rest of the year, but a few 40K sidebars first. About time!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Well done for reaching that milestone, now I'm looking forward to seeing what these big gribblies are...

    ReplyDelete