Thursday 28 May 2020

Spread the Bad Word


Cannon fodder for the Alpha Legion!




Lovely models, these, the Cultists of the Abyss from one of the Blackstone Fortress expansions. They've already seen some table action too, although they were a bit camera shy then on account of not being finished. 




Although they're done in the same colours as my Alpha Legion, they're going to see action in other games too. Not least Blackstone Fortress (although I only bought the models here, not the rules), but they also make a smashing Chaos Helot cult for Necromunda, and that's in fact where they're seeing their first fully-painted action. Watch this space for more!


The big guy with the flamethrower needs to see 40K use at some point. A flamer that does D2 is always likely to upset someone, although given that he could only be part of a Renegades and Heretics detachment, I have to work out a good delivery strategy. Great model, but those spindly flames are definitely going to break at some point!


The colour shift paints have come out particularly well on this lot. It's three layers of Emeral Green with gloss varnish, painted over Macragge Blue with a Druchii Violet wash, exactly what I used on the other Alpha models, but I highlighted a little by mixing in a tiny bit of Shining Silver. Worth the hassle, I think.



This was supposed to be my month off doing big batches of monopose models. Obviously I took a wrong turn in the leadpile - I did one of these creepy bug things from Deep Madness last year, and decided now was the time to finish the rest for some reason. The more monsters I paint from that game, the more I like them. Probably ought to play it some time! For now, these are almost certainly going to proxy spore mines for the Tyranids. 



Back to the ranks of the dead next month, although lots of nice heroes and villains to enjoy at last!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stuff!

    However, I think some of them look a little, I don't know...top-heavy; I think they should be careful to stay away from cliff edges or, maybe, precipitous drops in the underhive...

    ReplyDelete