Thursday 14 May 2020

Fine for Oblittering


Crypt Angels! It's been so long I can barely remember how to paint your swollen gums. 

No, just kidding, of course I still can. Not too many shoulder pads to fill on this batch, though. Capes or spikes cover all, which is a blessing. 



These are all shooty options today, starting with two pair Obliterators. Minor conversions to all of them so they look mildly unique. Not much terribly surprising, though, the GW standards are a lovely couple. Wonder when they'll arrive as their own kit? (Never, let's face it, they've become too standard in Chaos lists and there's a buck to be made flogging the big boxes!)



Mr Spiky Sphincter Face is my favourite. Kiss him, you know you want to. 




Camo fade cloaks, as before. Slightly less pink, too, the more muted tone is a bit less garish.

On the vaguely more loyal side of the Crypt Angels comes a second squad of Eliminators. This time they've got their mini lascannons. No conversions here, it's all stock from the box. Good choice for a sniper, a laser weapon, I think. No recoil - that's smart. And the only person who'll see the muzzle flash is the target. 



And finally, and because nobody can get enough Spawn, it's another monstrosity from Deep Madness. The base is Greater Possessed size, a bit small for Spawn, so he could do duty as that. At heart, he's flesh-changed, though, bless her. It. Whatever. 

Onwards!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff! I've got some sniper scouts to paint up pretty soon and I briefly toyed with the idea of electronic camouflage based on a previous post of yours, but seeing this again makes me realise that it's way beyond me - I'll stick with traditional DPM I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not as hard as I make it look, I promise! Just rough crosshatching with Ahriman Blue, going back over the lines with a lighter shade a couple of times and finishing with a white dot in the crosshairs. Only took about thirty minutes.

    Personally, I reckon good DPM is much harder, shading and highlighting it takes ages. I never feel happy with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're assuming I highlight each individual different colour in the camouflage! Nope - I put a couple of washes of Agrax Earthshade on but no highlights at all. You see, it's made of a special cloth that doesn't reflect the light, so no highlights needed :-)

      Delete