Friday 8 November 2019

Ring-a-ring-a-Roses



Into the dead zone!



Day-Z Chain

My latest commission is a daunting prospect. The full kickstarter sets of both Zombicide Black Plague and Green Tide. That's a lot of zombies!

Okay - not quite full. Leofa has cunningly sold off a few copies of duplicate minis, trimming his set down to something that just barely fits into two boxes (rather than bloating over tons). All the same, it still weighs in at something over three hundred models, so it's going to be a while in the doing.


The CMON models I've done before (Massive Darkness) were smashers, even the identical posed ones. So I'm looking forward to these, especially all the amazing character models. There's a good deal of slog to get through first, mind you, and I'm very much of the opinion that getting these done first and fast is important. Enough momentum to carry me through, that's the thing!


So I'm opening the drudge match by tackling the zombie mobs, as you'd expect. First up - these Wolvez, zombie dogs.

A very fast paint - they were undercoated grey, so some slapdash brown or black overbrushes, then darker washes and light drybrushing came out very well. The eyes and mouths were the only detail parts, then the wounds went on fast with wash and special effects afterwards. 

And then the fast Runner Zombies. Leofa wants each enemy type to have some kind of colour tag to help mark them in the dense packs you find in the game, and everyone knows red ones go faster. So there you are.

Seriously buff for a dead guy, no?
I prefer the hooded sculpt. It's like Skeletor's taken up jogging.

A pair of heroes to lighten the load a little. I think the wizard's name is Baldrick, a fine if rather generic Gandalflike.

I shall not pass!

The other one, I don't know the name of, but I really dig his giant lightning bolt buckle. Riding out the zompocalypse in metal style, this guy.


Depending on the precise accuracy of the count, this is something like 8% of the final total. Not bad for a week's work, I'd say!

3 comments:

  1. The second character is Lord Flashheart, surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently he's called Brix Moonshine, he's from the Green Horde set.

      Delete
  2. And I danced and I pranced and I sang with them
    All had death in their eyes
    Lifeless figures they were undead all of them
    They had ascended from hell

    They're looking great for stuff that's mostly going to be used in bulk. No reason to go all in on detail with goons like that.

    ReplyDelete