Saturday 16 February 2019

Blood from a Blackstone


Well, that wasn't a very productive month, was it?


Creatures from the Blackstone Lagoon

Busy with work, and therefore productive in the traditional 'I-didn't-waste-my-time-painting-little-plastic-toys' sense that my parents are always rabbiting on about. But all the same, I hang my head in shame.

People all over the world
Join hands

So! On with the Blackstone Fortress models. Nothing very much to say about them, you've all seen them before, so I'll mostly let my barely adequate photography do the talking.


Bad Day at Blackstone Rock
Pitch Blackstone
Rein and Raus have been given vaguely Eastern European tracksuits, with little red stripes going down their arms and legs in the manner assumed by organised criminals and scousers (no relation). But I was too good at taking photos to actually include evidence of this, so I mention it here because you can just see it on Rein's leg here.
Blackstone Cauldron
Blackstone Sabbath
Men in Blackstone
The Blackstone Hole
Bit of a crack at urban camo, but it needs crisper edges or better highlighting to really work. Looks okay, though!
Anyone else see a resemblance between these two navigators?
Blackstone Bishop

Still loving these models. Model reveals out on the GW site today say there's a new lady Rogue Trader (with a crazy metal leg) amongst others that may join this cast of heroes. Given that I'm already tempted by the Ambull, I can see this being a Blackstoney kind of year. No! Spend no money! Retreat to an older project and hide, quick!

Men in Blackstone 2

6 comments:

  1. Looking great! It is kind of cool that you get a second chance to go through these, see if you can nail any of the stuff that you weren't happy with the first time. I think I would have gone with Back in Blackstone as the post title, tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many puns, so little time!

      Funny looking over the photos of this pot and the first lot, actually, seeing which I prefer. Even if the colours worked better first time (Locarno, for example), I'd always try something new or it gets boring!

      All the same, part of the reason it's been a slow month is the mild drudge of doing duplicates, hence the title!

      Delete
  2. That urban camo looks boss.

    ReplyDelete