Monday 12 September 2022

Yabbadabaddon

 


Ooo, he's a bad 'un, but we know we love him for it.


Mr The Despoiler has been on my dream list of models to paint pretty much since forever. I actually owned the original lead chap, back in the day when I collected Black Legion, but this one is much better. When Kas asked me to paint one for the Crypt Angels, I leapt at the chance. 


Somewhat frailer than I expected, mind you, and clearly no simple kit to put together. Nor had the post been kind to him, so there was quite a bit of tiny prongs, cables and spikes to stick back on. Plus he'd actually come adrift from his base, and just refused to sit back tightly on it - the two feet must be slightly out of true alignment, it took me three goes to get him to stand on that dead Blood Angel cleanly. And jeez, but that daemon sword is a frail creature! It's got a green stuff sheath holding the blade on now, so don't look to closely at the hilt. 


Pink, red and black, of course, but I figured he had enough detail going on without needing extra iconography. The claw and face got some extra love instead, and I'm pretty pleased with the face particularly. 


Abad-done, anyway, so he'll be heading off to join his brethren (and maybe some Daemons!) in a local tournament next month! 

4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely model and beautifully painted. I particularly like the hatching on the cloak. The pic with the flash looks very cool with the shadow in the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I do like that model, but I've been too chicken to attempt it so far.
    Only fitting, I suppose, that we should get Aba from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try and paint some of his super troopers some time.

      Delete