Thursday 28 October 2021

Sheer Khârn!

 My World Eaters have someone to show them how it's done!

Khârn the Betrayer, World Eaters, Warhammer 40k

Yes we Khârn!

I picked up this model cheaply several years ago, with no plans for it other than to paint one of the coolest models from the chaos character range. Painting up the Berzerkers gave me the push I needed, and he was done in a couple of sessions.

Khârn the Betrayer, World Eaters, Warhammer 40k

I steer towards the 'box art' colours for the named characters of 40k, which explains why he's not doused in blood like his brethren. But I look forward to getting him into action - his ability to let rip with a barrage of attacks, as well as his propensity for killing his own team, sounds like he'll be a blast to field.

To keep him company, albeit from the mortal realms far, far away, a handful of Bloodreavers!

Bloodreaver for Age of Sigmar - Blades of Khorne

These are some of the models from the original Age of Sigmar box set (I'm only two versions behind) and as 'barbarians with a twist of Khorne', I really like them.

Bloodreaver for Age of Sigmar - Blades of Khorne

However, the defining feature of barbarian hordes is that there's usually quite a lot of them. And these Bloodreavers aren't exactly quick to paint. Lots of bare skin (of various tones) with plenty of belts, straps, tokens, braces, weapons, scars, etc. I've had these five at my painting desk, on-and-off, for a while now, and I've still got another score to do. 

Bloodreaver for Age of Sigmar - Blades of Khorne

That said, I'm very happy with how they turned out. The red helmets may be a bit bright, but I'm going to wait until I have the whole army before judging that.

Bloodreaver for Age of Sigmar - Blades of Khorne

The loincloths were Gal Vorbak Red, which I think I'll keep consistent. The trousers were Thunderhawk Blue, which I will change for the next batch, so they look less uniform. For everything else, shades of brown and contrast paints were my friend.

Bloodreaver for Age of Sigmar - Blades of Khorne

So who knows when I'll get more of these - I suspect I will need a fair amount if they're going to provide a decent blood tithe for my battles!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work - love your Kharn. Now they need to get out there, and harvest some skulls ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got enough Chaos armies they now have to work on a ticketing system for who gets to fight next. :-)

      Delete