Wednesday 20 October 2021

Little Crop of Horrors


This close to the end of the box set, I got overexcited and did a rather larger batch of tiny aberrations than I could have. Took a bit longer, but I'm that much nearer the finish line!


First to get out of the way was a stray Hysteria that was lurking at the bottom of the box, the annoying little bastard you can see up top. Then there's four of these anomalous piles of limbs, the Despair. They don't hurt you, but they slow you down a lot, which generally results in something else hurting you on their behalf.


A trio of Twisted, with the purple one being a touch-up of more of my daughters' excellent work. 


Three Shadows of Filth. There are three more, but I no longer own any of them. 


Five Purged, the original lab staff who've gone bad. Against the warping forces they've been examining, the goggle clearly do nothing.


Five Blind, possibly modelled on one of the incarnations of Nyarlathotep (a guy with a tentacle for a head, basically). 


One of the boss monsters, the Substance. Not my favourite sculpt, this one, it's a bit bland somehow, but not bad as human centipedes go.

The ship's cat, who accompanies the Ripley knock-off amongst the heroes:

If you think these eyes are bad, wait until you see the owner's.

And this rather attractive statue of old Squiddy himself, Cthulhu, presumably to decorate the lobby of the undersea base in case you weren't sure who the CEO might be. 


Not going to lie - I am doing these with swift drybrushes and washes, my enthusiasm has been waning of late. Last batch underway already, before I run dry!

The things she's seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment