Wednesday 13 June 2018

Last of the Mawhicans


Commissions complete!




The Repulsor Tank seemed a fitting way to go out with the Crypt Angels. One of the Space Marines' newer bits of gear, it's a floating fortress of guns, sort of a levitating Land Raider. Just the ticket for your lazy Primaris chaps to lumber across the battlefield in, so they can get nice and close to the enemy. Er, for the melee combat they're pretty unimpressive at.

Calling Dick Tracy!
The turret is loose, for packing reasons. Or so you can spin it about during the game for photo ops. Same with the little side sponsons with the storm bolters. They can also be swapped with an Ironhail stubber if you want, which you can see below

Anyhoo! You're not going to be surprised if I say that this is in the same colours as the rest of the Chapter. Nor if I mention that I'm now fairly sure I never want to paint chaotic dentition again for the rest of my days.

Back end of the bus
Front end. It has a lovely smile.

Obviously I'm not going to say 'never again', that would clearly be tempting fate. All the same, I feel like the Crypt Angels are now a nice big pile of toothy laurels I can rest (slightly uncomfortably) on, and I wouldn't want to be going back to them in a hurry!


With that all sorted, and with my current list of commissions all finished, I'm going to revoke my Brush For Hire status for a bit. There's plenty of stuff I've racked up that needs finishing, mostly as payments for all this painting, and I'm going to truck through that for a while.


So, Leadpile, It's just you and me now. May the best man win.

No comments:

Post a Comment