Saturday 2 June 2018

For Your Viewing Pleasure

It's a rare occasion when the WoofBoot plugs something that we didn't create (we're insular like that), but here's something where we can all come together...


... the telly!


At the start of this year, I ran through a list of the 40k YouTube channels that had caught my eye - both for entertainment and a means of orientating myself with the game. The top of the list, Winters SEO, has just teamed up with another YouTuber, MoarHammer, to create an on-demand channel - the Deployment Zone.

It all seems very straightforward: if you like their YouTube battles, you'll get more of them. Plus narrative campaigns, tactics videos and discussion-type episode where Winters empties out his encyclopedic knowledge of the Warhammer lore. As a bonus, it's available in App form, so you can watch it on your phone (handy for the serial commuter).

It's not the only on-demand batrep channel out there, but it floats my particular boat, with focus on good narrative and variety. I've found others to be too competitive-orientated - including Warhammer TV's Twitch channel which (and bless them for trying) just doesn't translate to the 'overhead camera' tournament-style that favours, for example, X-Wing.

The cost is about the same as pot of shade, and after trawling through a lot of online battle reports, I've concluded that my most valuable resource is time. I'd much rather spend my limited time with a few high-quality batreps per week, that watch a load of sub-standard stuff for free.

Anyway, if you would take the advice of this humble subscriber (who derives no benefit from this promotion - why does no-one sponsor tiny blogs with no audience?), they're worth a look. This channel, more that any other, was responsible for getting me back into 40k (though my poor leadpile is not amused)

Visit Deployment Zone TV here

No comments:

Post a Comment