Saturday 19 September 2020

EXT: Municipal Generator Buildings

 

A quick break from all these Tyranids - it's a scenery commission for Stylus. 


This is the all-new, all-singing-and-dancing Indomitus scenery kit, the ruins with thermoplasmic piping and exchangers. And very nice it is too! A wealth of tiny details on all the gear, something to catch the eye on almost every available surface. Wiring and piping, comms broadcasters, servo-skull roosts, this stuff really has it all. 






Or had it all before it got blown to bits, of course. Plenty of lovely battle damage in there as well, torn metal, dents and scrapes aplenty. A slightly painful joy to paint, because it's not for me and now I quite want a set. But I know I'll see it again soon in battle reports, so that's okay!


Very clearly compliant with the new rules, this stuff. All regulation heights and thicknesses, very clear on the battlefield what's what. It would comfortably fill about two square feet if it's clustered, I reckon, more if you spread it out. I'm not convinced that's quite enough for a 500-point game, even on the new smaller fields, but I do like a lot of cover. 

Painted to match the previous desert ruins (and so Stylus can swap his plasma generators and pipes in). I'd run out of a couple of the colours I used before, Karak Stone and Brass Scorpion, so I had to blend my own. The stonework was mostly done by stippling Burnt Sienna in layers gradually lightened with white, and the brasswork was a mix of Tin Bitz with Weapon Bronze. 



A few shots of the whole shebang, with some models thrown in for scale, and done! Nice and fast, about six hours all told. There's plenty more to get done for my own stuff, and another commission on it's way, so I needed to clear the pipes, so to speak!



4 comments:

  1. These look great! Lots of atmosphere to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work - can't wait to get them on the table!
    2ft coverage sounds about right, since that's the size of the cardboard mat that came with the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hereby throw a formal gauntlet for a match once you have them!

      Delete