Wednesday 4 April 2018

The Warband of Putrifus Bligh


Chaos warriors! Now that takes me back.





More of Leofa's meticulous conversions, this is a small group of Nurgle Warriors built from Putrid Blightkings bits on a Heroquest Original chassis. All parts dear to my heart in many ways, and they're a tasty little gang overall.


Painting chaos warriors is where I came in on this blog, really. Funny to be painting them again - it's been a couple of years. Despite still loving them and their faction, I'm not really looking to use mine much at the moment. AoS pales in comparison to 40K for me, probably thanks to the shooting and strategems parts (same game otherwise, let's be honest), and that's where I'm currently invested at the moment. No amount of Mer-elfs are going to convince me otherwise.



The rider is a really good touch, harking back to that nice resin scythe lord from a while ago. Other than paint, the only thing I added was some fungal blooms on the base. That's done with a blob of PVA and then a dash of superglue on top while it's still wet - the two react together to form a twisty-looking knot. I saw it done as organic Tyranid basing somewhere, and it looks great, although I'm not sure it's worth the resources to cover an entire base with it. You'd use a lot of superglue very fast.


Painting Guide:


  • Undercoat - Leadbelcher, I think it was. Something dark and silver, anyway
  • Metals - Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade over the undercoat, Runefang Silver drybrush
  • Green armour - Orkhide Flesh, Athonian Camoshade, Elysian Green, the rider got some very very watery Putrid Flesh spattered on that's dried in a pleasingly fungal pattern
  • Armour Trim - Brass Scorpion, Runelord Brass
  • Helms - Ushabti Bone, Seraphim Sepia, Pallid Wychflesh layering
  • Weapons - Typhus Corrosion over the basecoat, Runefang Silver layers
  • Wood - Dryad Bark and Sylvanus Brown drybrush
  • Boots and Straps - Rhinox, Nuln Oil, Gorthor Brown drybrush
  • Flesh - Barbarian Flesh, Flesh ink wash, Kislev Flesh
  • Puffballs - Rakarth Flesh, Druchii Violet, Pallid Wychflesh, Praxeti White drybrush, Carroberg Crimson layer
  • Soil - Skrag Brown, Tau Light Ochre drybrush



Leofa, your commissions are complete! The usual delivery methods are to suffice, I take it?

No comments:

Post a Comment