Thursday 31 August 2023

Terminator 2: I Said I'd Be Back

Pootle here with a Terminator update.

Last year I posted a few pics, focussing on a true Oldhammer icon, the original Exo-armoured marine. As promised, I've now painted a load more of the second generation crew.

First up, the leaders. The Captain in particular is pretty undynamic, but maybe he's just relaxed and confident that his terminator plate renders him nigh-invulnerable.



I decided to paint the Libby's psychic hood red to add another accent colour.


Next up, the Assault Squad. 


The Lightning Claw marines manage to look a tad more dynamic already...


...but their Thunder Hammer-armed brothers were pretty static, but I was able to add some movement by gluing their arms on at different angles and filling the gaps with green stuff.


Finally, the classic build.


Once more, the Sarge was made (slightly) more dynamic with an angled right arm and cutting and reposing the sword hand. Nothing I could do about his flatly-planted legs unfortunately.


Three special weapons, because I can. I'm a particular fan of the Cyclone marine, who has ditched his power fist in favour of a laser pointer. Back in 1st Ed days, this gave him a +1 to hit I think. He also had the option of launching all his missiles in one go at a target, which pretty much assured its destruction. 







4 comments:

  1. Lovely, and just on the day that their latest plastic kit gets revealed - nice to see the Cyclone still gets his laser pointer there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously great instincts on the timing...cheers

      Delete
  2. These are delightful! Well done Pootle.

    ReplyDelete