Tuesday 29 August 2023

Britain's got Taloned

 


The Crypt Angels are back - a new commission has landed!

Tradition dictates that I handle the least exciting stuff first. You can tell I've got exciting stuff ahead when Warp Talons are the least exciting model in the package.


It's really just because I did a unit once before. They're cool models, very spiky even by the Baroque standards of CSM. The last unit got a slightly inverted colour scheme (more red trim than usual) so this lot followed suit. 


One of them had a bit of an accident in the post. Well, several of them, to be honest - their fins and tiptoe poses don't make them ideal post travellers. Mostly all fixable with enough glue. 


One of them, though, had clearly tried to punch his way out of the carton. All his spikey knuckles were off, and it was beyond my skills to try and get them back on straight. So I gave up!


And he got this hand of wire lightning instead. Looks a bit out of keeping with the rest of the unit, but if your Champion can't go a bit Palpatine now and again, you're probably not chaos-ing right. 


Plenty more to come from these - best crack on!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say that the lightning looks great and really makes the champ stand out (not that champions need to stand out these days...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking stuff - the lightning hand is excellent.
    I've always loved Warp Talons (although I don't think I was brave enough to attach all their jetpack fins).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fine. It's an advantage of Chaos: when in doubt, stick something grobbly on there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Palpatine is a perfect way to chaos. 👌

    ReplyDelete