It's the pink windmill!
![]() |
| There's somebody at the door. |
The last character in the affiliation is absolute monster. An advanced Sentinel from the future, Nimrod wreaked as much havoc as you'd expect from a T-1000.
In his first saga, he took on both the X-Men and their rivals, The Hellfire Club, dealt out a few fatalities and still couldn't be beaten. In the end, he got sucked into a portal with that other Sentinel final boss, Master Mold, and was reconstituted as Bastion. So he's hard to shake.
The character design, however, is not the iconic classic of the MK4 Sentinels. He was originally very angular and blocky (though he could shapeshift) and this model refines that with a more Gundam look. What has stayed consistent is the white and pink colour scheme, which is a pretty cool vibe.
Painting Nimrod was straightforward enough, as he's only a couple of colours and roughly-Hulk sized. I based the model grey, then washed all the panel lines with Nuln Oil. Then I went back over the panels with Celestra Grey (a slog, but at least it wasn't a squad of T'au battlesuits) and covered the darker grey areas with more Nuln Oil.
For the pinks, I got to mixing again. Volpus Pink contrast gave me the base colour I wanted, then I layered over the top with a mix of Volpus Pink and Impish Rogue. Same general mix for the explosion and lightning effects, with Ulthuan Grey highlights added.
On the table, he has a lot going for him: punch, durability, action economy, healing factor. I guess his worst shortcoming is that he's a 5 Threat in an affiliation that already had two very good 5 Threats (Sentinel Prime and Cassandra Nova, take a bow).
---
Fun fact: the reason why 'Nimrod' is more likely used as an insult is because of Bugs Bunny. He once referred to Elmer Fudd as 'Nimrod' (assuming a Biblically-literate audience would get the reference to the legendary hunter), but delivered it with such sarcasm that everyone took it to mean 'idiot'. And that's what's up, doc.


No comments:
Post a Comment