Monday, 10 August 2026

Once More Around The Horn

When this guy's rules came out, his model got endangered pretty quicky.

Marvel Crisis Protocol - Rhino

You don't always need a fancy origin. Sometimes you just need a goon to be sealed inside an unbreakable rhino suit and you're good to go. Apparently, this suit never comes off Aleksei, which raises a question about toilet activities that I haven't been brave enough to Google.

Anyway, what's fun about this model is, despite a lukewarm reception during pre-release, he's now an absolute stalwart of Spider-Foes and Criminal Syndicate lists. Big, strong, tanky, with a cheeky tactics card to steal objectives and one of the most mobile characters on the board (not bad for a slow mover).

Which of course means his character pack is almost always sold out. I've been using a 3D print Rhino, which I'm very fond of (although he is far too big, even for him). But if I ever want to play in an official tournament (it could happen), I'll need an official Rhino.

Step forward the MCP Starter Set. These are like Start Collecting! boxes, and such ridiculously good value that I can top up my collection, sell off any doubles (unless they're Goblins) and still come out on top. I figured this may be the only time an official Rhino crosses my path, so I'd better hang onto him.

Marvel Crisis Protocol - Rhino

As for painting, same as before: drybrush all day!

I did want to make some effort, so tried to layer up as many shades of grey as possible: Black primer - Eshin grey - Mechcanicus Standard Grey - Dawnstone - Celestra Grey. Then it was face, horns and hooves and we're away!

No comments:

Post a Comment