Monday, 3 August 2026

Omega oodness, it's another Sentinel!

 No relation to Omega Red (sadly).

Marvel Crisis Protocol - Omega Sentinel

Another human-sized addition to the Sentinel affiliation is Omega Sentinel. From what I can gather she was turned into an upgraded version of a Prime Sentinel, and who may have switched sides to the X-Men (although the game has her solely in Sentinel affiliation.

Omega is in contention for the best new model to be released - she's fast, durable, punchy with an increased chance of securing objectives (with all that, she would make a good X-Man). She's also maxing out the supported-by-cables style of model - to the extent that she wobbles around like a bobblehead.

The model came with two head options (to reflect the comics, I understand). One was a massive head of hair, bound in a topknot, and a half-mask - this design reminded me of traditional Japanese theatre (which is odd, because the character is Indian). So I went with the bald head, which seems far more cyborg (hello, Nebula).

Marvel Crisis Protocol - Omega Sentinel

Painting was mostly about picking out the grey panels, so an all-over wash of Nuln Oil, followed by a careful layer of Celestra Grey (leaving the panel lines showing). The red parts were Khorne Red, Mephiston Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet, with metallics added in to finish.

The artwork showed Omega Sentinel's head with some white tattoos, but there was no reference point on the model, so I was freehanding blind (the best guide I found was an action figure of her).

Can't wait to see her leap into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment