Righto chaps, listen here.
We've got a batch of new recruits joining us on Drawbridge. Fresh from the Hagan boot camps, still coated with jungle dew and barely house trained. Up to us to show them what's what, make sure they do the colours proud.
I know some of you aren't happy. No, they aren't Tempestus. Standard lasguns, not earned their carapace yet, not what you were told you'd be fighting alongside. Well, I'll just say this once. They're Hagan Lampreys. High Command told me, I'm telling you, and that's an end to it.
Every body counts in this war. A Hagan Reservist can fill a Taurox just as well as any of you lot. What's more, they can dig trenches, fill sandbags and retrieve ratpacks from a drop site so you can keep honing your hotshot groupings on the greenskins. I expect you to make them to feel welcome on deployments, or as welcome as Niddy and the Orks will let them feel.
I've saved the best for last. It's not all green hats being sent from home. A few of you might remember old Mole from your own time in training. Yes, that's right, Colonel Linton Molyneux, the tunnel rat himself, is accompanying our good Reservists, just to put paid to any ideas you might have that we're scraping the barrel. Mole was with us back on Zamaroon, fought with the Badger himself.
| "Get him over here. If I can get him in the box, he's failed triage." |
| "Yeah? I'm on a sandbag. It's shit!" |
Any questions? Didn't think so. As you were, chaps. Oh, and make sure that stubber gets some grease before you turn in, looks a spot rusty to me.
This is a unit of Cadians with old Beret heads from my (still extensive) Tempestus sprue spares. Nice stuff, a very elegant update of the old kit. The new command unit was cobbled together from spares from this new lot plus the crew models from the Centaur, hence the rather ungainly sitting positions. Mole is very much lacking a pair of legs, his ridiculous dalek bottom is made from a wire bread bag tab and a bit of plastic tray from a cookie packet. If I ever get some spare legs that are more appropriate, I may well redo him, but he's silly enough to pass muster for now!
Surprised not to see that box of Cadian accessories/alternate poses/extra limbs in your collection already, to be honest. It has me tying myself in knots over which Guardsmen to build... I like the Krieg rules, I like the trench coats, but I also helmetless heads and interesting poses...
ReplyDeleteTrench coats and Escher heads would be my shout. Full goth!
Delete