Monday 16 May 2016

Spawn Again!

As is traditional in the week leading up to the WoffBoot, there'll be quite a few painting updates as we scramble to get our armies tabletop-ready.

I've got around 50 models in varying states of readiness on the painting table, so I'd better knuckle down and finish some off. Unlike the chap below, I've only got one pair of hands...

Converted Chaos Spawn for Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen and Age of Sigmar.
Spawn Free


Influenced by the look for my Spawn conversions, I decided to paint them along the theme of the three Ruinous Powers (sorry Slaanesh, I'm not up to greenstuffing boobies).

The one above is clearly a rage monster (he even has two heads, so he can disagree with himself in his spare time). He was the only one to get blood effects on his snow base, so the bloodiness stands out.

The middle-left hand is supposed to be a skeletal one - I'm now thinking it looks like Michael Jackson.

Converted Chaos Spawn for Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen and Age of Sigmar.
Spawn To Be Wild

The four-legged Spawn was pretty grungy to start with, so I gave him lots of rusted and corroded armour. He also go some drool effects with some PVA glue wrapped around a thin piece of wire, stained with Green Ink and solidified with superglue.


Converted Chaos Spawn for Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen and Age of Sigmar.
Spawn On The Fourth Of July

I saved the pink and blue scheme for the oddest Spawn. I tried some shading and highlighting around the iris, since that's the most prominent thing about it - although the camera steadfastly refused to focus on it.

And so here they are: all ready for those spells of mutation to take effect:

Converted Chaos Spawn for Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen and Age of Sigmar.
Blinkin, Winkin & Nod

2 comments: