Friday 20 May 2016

Never Mind The Whys and Wereofor

I finally lost my Mierce Miniatures cherry! It's Broga, the Wereofor Thegn, no less - because I guess 'Pigman' is too difficult to spell.

A painting update for Mierce Miniatures Broga, Wereofor Thegn.
With tusks like a Dick Dastardly moustache.

Let's wrap up this Chaos Beasts army!

I'm short of characters in the army, and I fancied something meaty like a Doombull. However, I'm not crazy about the current GW take on minotaurs, and so I was drawn to this big fella from Mierce.

(although they also do some tasty minotaurs - I don't know why that didn't occur to me)

A painting update for Mierce Miniatures Broga, Wereofor Thegn.

And somebody had better bury my wallet in the garden - because I now loooove Mierce miniatures. The resin model takes paint so well - I didn't do anything special for this one, but it looks so much better than my regular plastics.

A painting update for Mierce Miniatures Broga, Wereofor Thegn.

There were a few squeaky moments: some of the resin was warped (notably the sword and polearm) which would have looked awful - but a cup of boiled water sorted it out. It also came in a number of little pieces: tusks I can accept, but those tiny ears also had to be glued separately (so fingers crossed they survive).

A painting update for Mierce Miniatures Broga, Wereofor Thegn.

The skin was a new paint recipe: XV-88 base, Agrax wash, Zandri Dust highlights. The rest was fairly standard for my beasts.

In the absence of any better ideas, I'll be running him as a Doombull (Doomboar?), although I don't have any Warherd units for him to use his command ability. Unless, that is, I go back to playing my Skin Wolves as Bullgor.

A painting update for Mierce Miniatures Broga, Wereofor Thegn.
Which would make a very weird fairy tale.

So the general's in place, and the various beasties are champing at the bit to play the first Age of Sigmar at the WoffBoot!


Gentlemen, I shall see you at the tables.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Mierce!

    Brutal looking army, that. The pigman is a lot bigger (pigger) than the solo shots make him look. He really towers over the others. Which reminds me, I have a finished minotaur who needs an updated close-up...

    ReplyDelete