Wednesday 18 May 2016

Let Slip The Hogs Of War!

I want to expand the menagerie of my Chaos beasts, and since Bestigor and Ungor are the same genus as my existing Gor, it's time to bring on the piggies!

A painting and conversion update for Razorgor for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
Hakuna Matata!

As you may have noticed, I'm quite keen on the new Boar Boy sculpts. I had a few more kicking around the unpainted mountain, so I thought I'd throw together some Razorgor. They seem reasonably fast and durable, so could make a useful support unit.

A painting and conversion update for Razorgor for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
By the bloodied hair on my chinny chin chin.

There wasn't a huge amount of converting going on - not having a great backlog of chaos kits, I was already  running out of gribbly conversion bits. Each Razorgor got a set of Gor horns, and two of them were given Savage Orc weapons greenstuffed onto their back.

A painting and conversion update for Razorgor for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
We're going to need a bigger spit.

As a last of variety, I stuck a few arrows into the third pig - the leaping pose looks like he's not enjoying it.

For a colour scheme, I went with pale fur - which was dicey, considering I was also going to distinguish pale tusks, eyes and horns. But with so many Gor kicking around, I didn't want another brown unit. Also, the snow base gives some credence to a winter coat.

I gave a basecoat of Flayed One Flesh, then a Nuln Oil wash (avoiding the usual Agrax Earthshade, in case it got too brown), then Ushabti Bone and White Scar highlights. Dryad Bark for the horns and spikes (I was thinking Hoth Wampa here), and Cadian Fleshtone drybrushing to pink up the snouts.

A painting and conversion update for Razorgor for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

Bring on the butties!

5 comments: